Saturday, November 3, 2012

Kuwait tasks me. It tasks me.

Kuwait, for me, is like a small child. It has the ability to amuse and irritate me at the same time. At least the heat isn't bad this time around, hovering around 90 degrees. Quite a bit difference from a few days ago when I was tolerating 30 degree weather in Indiana.

Took five hours to fly from Germany to Kuwait...and then 5 hours to get from the airport to the transient base. 5 incredibly boring hours with no one giving us any information on why it was taking so long. Welcoming LNOs didn't have enough personnel to handle us all because it was 3 AM. Dining facility makes contractors pay...but only with the special Eagle Cash Card...and you can only get those during certain hours of the day.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. Kuwait is purgatory and is designed so that you want to move on to the bad place you are headed, because that place has to be better right?

See you in Bagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment