Tuesday, November 13, 2012

4 AM Is Generally Too Early For Anything

Two observations from my short time here at Camp Sabalu-Harrison:

1. Seeing a shooting star gives me a fraction of a second of panic before I realize that what I just saw was falling space debris of some kind and not an incoming rocket.

2. There is nothing more annoying at 4 am than the "big voice" announcing "INCOMING!" Especially when there is no incoming.

However, I will say this...hearing that sound reminds me of what a rush it can be to think you are suddenly under attack. Really reminds you of what it is to be alive.

But at 4 am? Not so much. I should send out a memo to the local insurgent group reminding them not to send indirect fire our way during my sleeping hours. It's just rude and it brings back too many NTC memories; mostly the ones of my warrant officer laughing at me when I dove out of my cot into my body armor as we got hit by The Mad Mortarman.

No comments:

Post a Comment