Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back Into Purgatory

My short hiatus and vacation are over and I got back into Kabul a couple of nights ago. Very little has changed while I was away, not that I really expected some dramatic upheaval. When I came back from leave on my last deployment there was quite a bit to get caught up on, including 700+ emails. But things are way different up here at Corps than they are at the tactical level.

There are a few new additions and subtractions to the office as some folks left country and were replaced while I was away. One of the new coworkers is actually an old instructor of mine from when I was at the military intellligence career course; spent several minutes catching up which was great. Yet another reminder what a small world the intel community really is.

So back to the Afghan grind...for a couple of months anyway. This year has flown by.

No comments:

Post a Comment