Sunday, June 19, 2011

More assassination updates...

If you recall back in late May I wrote a post about the assassination the director of Iraq's Questioning and Justice Commission. The analyst in me determined that it was likely conducted by the Baathist organization JRTN. There was a lot of good evidence pointing in this direction as I mentioned in that post.

Turns out I might be wrong. According to the Iraqi news agency Aswat al Iraq, which took the information from the AP, the Islamic State of Iraq (the twin brother of Al Qaida in Iraq) has taken credit for the attack.

ISI has just as much to gain by this assassination but I'm a bit surprised it was ISI that conducted the hit. Too be perfectly honest, they may just be taking credit for the attack but may not have actually carried it out.

But as I've mentioned, I've been wrong before and I'm quite certain I'll be wrong in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment