Friday, September 11, 2009

The Ghosts Come Knocking...in Diyala

I wish I had the time to update this thing more often and I wish I was allowed to discuss all the things I would like to discuss but when you are running on 2 hours of sleep and all your operations are classified, you are kind of limited.

I will say this...despite the dry piece of turkey I had for dinner, despite the 2 hours of restless sleep, and despite the one functional toilet in the headquarters right now...I'm excited for the rest of this deployment and I truely enjoyed today.

I've been here for over a month and 1-14 has been officially in charge for about a week now. We are running operations differently than the last unit and it showed today. Let's just say that the same issue I was having with targets at NTC, I may end up having here. This is due to the great working relationship we have with both the more "elite" American unit here on COP Cobra and the 4th Brigade, 1st Iraqi Army Division here.

Let's do this thing! Warhorse!

No comments:

Post a Comment