Monday, February 3, 2014

Because Therapists Cost Money and Blogger Is Free

I've been disappointed recently in my posts for this blog. Part of it has to do with me believing I really have nothing interesting left to say. I'm pretty sure I've written about all the interesting/amusing stories that happened to me during my three deployments in the Army and other than a couple of attacks against my base in Afghanistan my time at ISAF Joint Command was extremely uneventful. A post about a lieutenant colonel mildly annoying me with requests he can't fully explain? I don't want to write about boring shit like that, and I'm sure you don't want to read it.




My goal has been to write at least one post a week, but after blogging since mid 2009 I'm nearly out of things to say. The initial purpose of Warhorse Intel was to document my deployment with 1-14 Cav and despite not having a lot of access to the internet I believe I succeeded, hell, I even had some folks up at brigade reading. The blog evolved a bit to me discussing interesting happenings around the world and my thoughts as well as the occasional story from my deployments and I had hoped to one day use the posts as a template for writing a book of my exploits...not that a book about a military intelligence officer would be all that interesting.


So I'm going to take this blog down a road I haven't explored much, the darker moments of my career. I'm an extremely private person when it comes to my emotions and I don't share my feelings easily, even with my close friends. The demons won't go away on their own, however, and I realize I need to write about the time I was in the chow hall and I swore I saw my NCO who had shot herself 3 years prior; or the months at the end of the 2007 deployment where I day dreamed about shooting my boss; hell, the night I stared at my M9 in 2010...and...well...at least I'm still here.


There's one post I've got lined up and then we'll see where this road leads, unless Skyrim completely takes over my life since I made the mistake of starting that game again.



No comments:

Post a Comment