Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A victory 45 years in the making

I haven't mentioned in this blog yet...or if I have it was way back at the beginning when I was figuring out where I was taking this thing...but I'm a huge hockey fan. Not only am I a huge hockey fan but I'm a massive LA Kings fan which I have been since my family and I moved to Southern California in late 1990.

I nearly knew the joy of the Kings winning in '93 when Gretzky and crew faced down Montreal, but that was not to be as the Canadiens took the series in 5 games. Since then I've suffered through some horrible seasons and a couple of amazing seasons, but LA has never been that close to winning the Cup again.

If you told me LA would win the Cup at the beginning of the season I would have laughed. If you told me in January or February that they were going win I would have called you insane. When they actually made the playoffs I didn't even think they could even get out of the first round.

Now that they've won how do I feel? I feel joy. And what does that joy look like? It looks like this...


Like being a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment