Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Diyala...I can't quit you

Due to my persistent curiousity about 1-14 Cav's old stomping grounds in Diyala Province, Iraq I wandered onto Aswat Al Iraq, a decent English news site about happenings in Iraq. It appears that 2 individuals were recently killed in the town of As Sadiyah (just south of FOB Cobra) by the resident IED cell (or cells, I'll never know).

One of those killed was a police officer and I'd bet a month's salary the other person was government connected or a tribal leader (what is a month's salary when unemployed?).

While I figured violence in much of our old area of operations would cease after US forces left, I kind of figured As Sadiyah's insurgents/gang/street thugs/AQI-in-name-only would continue along their merry path of murder and violence.

Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

2 comments:

  1. As the former Sqdn/Bn S2 at Cobra (2004-2005), I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard putting a year or more of your life into something and then just walking away.

    ReplyDelete