Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The future of this blog

As the paragraph at the top mentions, the mission statement of this blog was to discuss the issues facing 3-2 SBCT, 1-14 CAV, and whatever else I am thinking about. Since the brigade is back home and I leave for other pastures shortly this blog will evolve back into what it was before the deployment, focusing on my random thoughts and ideas. I will likely also change the name of the blog after I head down to Arizona.

I still owe my loyal readers a couple of posts discussing those events and incidents 1-14 CAV faced in NE Diyala. A one sided after action review and collection of "don't do this...or this" observations. The fine folks at brigade are likely paying less attention to me now so I'll attempt to go into some detail.

But anyway, a couple of articles have caught my attention as of late. There is talk of reducing the British military by quite a bit, including cutting the army by 40%. Great Britain has been a faithful ally in our current conflicts and it was nice knowing the Brits would follow us pretty much everywhere. This will likely change that. The US may become increasingly alone in our adventures...I hope that makes us think twice about our choices before we make them.

Secretary Gates has indicated he may leave his post some time in 2011. Secretary Gates has been an outstanding Defense Secretary; inconceivably better than that last. He will be missed and I truely hope the current administration can find someone as capable as he is.

1 comment:

  1. In that case, I look forward to hearing (reading?) your thoughts in AZ.

    ReplyDelete