Monday, April 19, 2010

Interesting developments

Still stuck in Atlanta due to the volcano in Iceland.

However, this is some great news. Not sure how the deaths of the top leaders of Al Qaida in Iraq and the Islamic State of Iraq will really affect 1-14 CAV but it certainly can't hurt. In my opinion, Al Masri appeared to be a much better leader and organizer than Zarqawi and AQI actually benefitted when Zarqawi was killed in 2006. I'm not sure who else was captured in the mission and I'm sure there are other guys to take the top spots but it is unlikely they will be very effective.

I could see either a significant drop in attacks, especially the spectacular attacks that have occured in Baghdad, but I could also see an increase in a lot of little attacks as groups break off from AQI and ISI and attempt to regain influence and stay relevant.

Really, really want to get back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment