Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's not much, but it's home...

Here's a pretty good article on 1-14's little base, FOB (formerly COP) Cobra.

Most of the quotes come from the brigade's preventive health officer, CPT Mary Nolan. I like Mary but she states Cobra has never run out of food. Unfortunately on two occasions I have gone to the mess hall only to be turned away because they were out of food. Just one of the hazards of this place you have to live with sometimes.

The best part is where the article describes the toilet conditions. Never again will I complain about a toilet after having to deal with the latrine situation here.

The quote at the end..."It's not ideal, but it is Iraq", also amuses me a bit. CPT Nolan gets to go back to FOB Warhorse after her short trips to Cobra, the rest of us have to live here.

To be honest, I prefer this place over a larger base like Warhorse or Victory/Liberty where I spent my first and a good chunk of my second deployment at. Less distractions and some pretty good war stories, and at least we have the internet. Things could be a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment