Friday, August 21, 2009

What keeps me up at night...

A few things that have been wandering around my head lately:

1. Is the government of Iraq, or at least the Ministry of Defense, conducting attacks, or allowing attacks to occur, in the vicinity of the green line between the Arabs and the Kurds in order to have a reason to bring more Iraqi Army soldiers into the area and push the Peshmerga out?

2. Is the government of Kurdistan allowing attacks to occur in the vicinity of the green line, or even harboring Al Qaida or New Ba'ath Party insurgents, in order to have a reason to bring more Peshmerga forces into the area and gain control over more territory?

3. I am eligible for the FY '10 major's board. My first "below zone" look. Am I ready to be a major?

4. I am most likely next in line for one of the MI commands in the brigade...209th MICO or D Troop/1-14 CAV. Am I ready to be a company commander?

All 2 of my readers, please discuss.

1 comment:

  1. I'd put more money on the Pesh being naughty, especially if it were being done on a systematic level- Is the MOD organized enough to do this actively? In other words, Pesh are actively formenting violence, with tons of deniability, while the MOD are allowing it, through a combination of incompetence, opportunism and local corruption.

    As regards your promotion or command positions, I'm comforted to know that you "get it" when it come to COIN (ie don't just shoot everyone in sight) As a taxpayer, I demand people like you in decision making positions.

    ReplyDelete