Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can I just go north to the bad place already?

If there is such a place as purgatory on Earth I am convinced that it must be Kuwait. I really have nothing against the country itself or the hospitality of its people, but this place just sucks...but the suckiness is more the fault of my fellow Americans than anything else...well, the weather is also to blame.

When I first got off the plane I was expecting the usual "holy crap I'm in a giant oven" feeling, but that wasn't the case. Even at 10pm at night this place usually has that "standing in front of a giant hair dryer" feeling to it but I guess Kuwait was seeing a bit of cold spell and it was only 100 degrees when we landed.

The temperature has since increased since we got here. The wind has also picked up which of course brings with it the sand/dust. Describing the drive from the airport to the camp plus what the camp looks like is difficult so I'll just use pictures. Here I am on the trip to the camp...

Yeah, that's totally me

And here's a pretty good picture of what Kuwait looks like...


Oh wait, that's the NICE part

And here's the lovely litte corner of Kuwait we're staying in...




This may be a slight exageration

In all honesty, I'm convinced that Kuwait is set up in such a way that you actually want to get up to Iraq as quickly as possible to escape the heat, sand, and silliness that is this place. I will refrain from discussing the assine rules and ideas that people have come up with here just in case someone from the Army reads this and tries to shut me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment